Abilities at Work: Sun Life and The Brick on Inclusive Mentorship and Employment
Interested in learning more about how employers can roll out and benefit from short-term mentorships that support the career journeys of Canadians who experience disabilities?
MentorAbility Canada will sit down with Sun Life and The Brick to discuss:
- the types of career opportunities they provide;
- their inclusive employment recruitment strategies;
- how MentorAbility Canada fits within their talent diversity and inclusion strategy; and
- how individuals who experience disabilities can engage with them for employment opportunities.
There will be time for questions and answers from our guest speakers.
Limited seating is available for this virtual event
– Hosted by Mary Beshai: Director of MentorAbility Canada at the Canadian Association for Supported Employment
– Amanda Pate: Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Canada at Sun Life
– Samantha Walsh: Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant at Sun Life
– Chantelle Painter: Human Resources Manager, Recruitment and Engagement at The Brick
About the organizations involved:
– MentorAbility Canada is a national supported employment initiative that facilitates unique, short-term mentoring opportunities between employers and people experiencing a disability. By providing and celebrating successful mentoring experiences in communities across Canada, this initiative is part of a national effort to promote the employment of Canadians experiencing disability.
– The Brick is Canada’s largest retailer of home furnishings, mattresses, appliances and electronics. For more than 50 years, we’ve been helping the nation find the perfect products for their homes at incredible prices. We’re proud of our ability to meet our customers’ needs and grow dedicated sales teams who are knowledgeable and happy to help. Our headquarters are in Edmonton, Alberta, but we’ve got over 200 locations across Canada, including franchises, sister organizations and other members of the Brick family. Explore careers at The Brick
– Sun Life is a leading financial services company that helps its clients achieve lifetime financial security and live healthier lives. The company serves millions in Canada, the U.S., Asia, the U.K. and other parts of the world through a network of Sun Life advisors, third-party partners and other distributors. Sun Life provides a broad range of protection and wealth products and services to individuals, businesses and institutions, including insurance, investments, financial planning and retirement planning services, and asset management. Explore careers at Sun Life Canada.
Name of Hosting Organization - MentorAbility Canada
Hosting Organization Website -
Contact Information (Public) -
Time Zone - ET
Language - English
Closed Captioning -
American Sign Language (ASL) -
Quebec Sign Language (LSQ) -
Other Accessibility Features