Are you a person with a disability? Do you want to be part of the workforce? Would you like to meet people to learn more about a career that interests you? Consider becoming a MentorAbility Canada protégé!
MentorAbility Canada is a national supported employment initiative that facilitates unique, short-term mentoring opportunities between employers and people experiencing a disability. By providing and celebrating successful mentoring experiences in communities across Canada, this initiative is part of a national effort to promote the employment of Canadians experiencing disability.
Working with the MentorAbility Canada team, you will be matched with an employer for a short mentoring experience that could last from 1 hour to 1 day, depending on what works best for you and the employer. During the experience, you will learn more about that employer’s workplace and careers in that domain.
You will be supported throughout the process by skilled employment professionals. MentorAbility is free. It is not a job. But it can help you to learn more about jobs that interest you and about possible career paths.
Your MentorAbility experience could involve any of the following:
- You could have a tour of a workplace.
- You could find out more information about a possible career path.
- You could get advice from people with experience in different types of work.
- You could have someone from Human Resources give you feedback on your resume.
- You could observe or job-shadow a worker a to see what is involved in a job you are interested in.
- You could learn more about a certain type of business.
- You could do a practice interview.
- You can expand your professional network.
- You can explore the next steps on your career path!
Your level of education does not matter. You can apply to be a protégé and can take part in MentorAbility Canada. The only things you need are your passion and your interests!
Interested in more information on becoming a MentorAbility Canada protégé?
View Information Sheet
Interested in participating in MentorAbility? Connect with the provincial hub in your region today.
View Provincial Hub