Are you a local service provider interested in increasing your employer engagement tools and providing new, valuable opportunities for your clients who experience a disability? Are you ready to strengthen your knowledge of inclusive employment and contribute to a national network of service providers who are seeking the same? Consider becoming a MentorAbility site partner!
MentorAbility Canada is a national supported employment initiative that facilitates unique, short-term mentoring opportunities between employers and people experiencing a disability. By providing and celebrating successful mentoring experiences in communities across Canada, this initiative is part of a national effort to promote the employment of Canadians experiencing disability.
Site partners work with the MentorAbility team to facilitate mentoring experiences in their communities. By becoming a MentorAbility Canada Site Partner you will:
- Join an active and engaged community of practice: MentorAbility has been designed and implemented by employment service providers just like you. Service providers are moving this national initiative forward and working to improve outcomes for the people we collectively serve. We are a community of learning. Our network’s capacity provides many opportunities for sharing best practices, up-to-date resources, and new ideas. We are learning from each other and building new knowledge and skills. We are challenging ourselves and working collaboratively to increase our impact.
- Develop new employer engagement techniques and tools: MentorAbility is a valuable new tool in a growing toolkit of resources and approaches to increase inclusion in the workplace – one that serves job seekers, employers, and employment service agencies alike.
- Promote your work through MentorAbility Canada: We connect employers and jobseekers, and raise awareness in the business community about the talent you represent. MentorAbility Canada can share your success stories and give increased visibility to your organization, provincially and nationally.
- Participate in training opportunities: MentorAbility Canada supports employers, people experiencing disabilities, and service providers to build their mentoring skills.
- Receive support for your employer engagement events: During this initiative, MentorAbility Canada will deliver over 140 workshops and employer peer-to-peer events, along with a variety of events focused on Disability Employment Awareness Month (DEAM).